Your first three posts

The purpose of the forum, the rules, who the moderators are, and other information.
EarlStatler

Re: Your first three posts

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 am

The problem is, if you are in a madhouse like a Wikipedia is, you get confused. you are loosing track, and most times people start to shout and beating around then and that is what they want!
Harassment! Abcom! Blocks!

It is mental abuse, someone even send me mails with: You end up in your grave, and a description of my house and my real name. My answer was, yes, that is treu, everybody ends up in his grave and I have a fine iron bar for you in my van, so you are more than welcome. You know were I am living. And, they are real good frends, as a answer I got the complet personal data of Trijnstel! I know who she is, were she lives, and from Robotje and Moira too in a other anonymous email. ! I keep it private, but it is strange. They are friends, and fucking each other by sending private data around.
And I understand very good most people get afraid, and keep there mouth shut. They dox you, and in that way they black mail you. Well, they may try it with me. The boys on ground floor will be impressed!
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

The Joy

Post by The Joy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Unfortunately, your story isn't the only one. Sitush on the English Wikipedia had to deal with violence from a certain Indian political action group. Joe Hazelton here and on Wikipedia Sucks had to deal with violent Wikipedians too, I believe (you'll have to ask him for details). Even worse are the pedophiles who keep popping up on Wikipedia stalking young Wikipedians. It's deranged.

I haven't always been 100% careful with my online identity and I know one day someone from Wikipedia or related to it might try blackmailing and doxxing me. I've had to accept that may happen at anytime. Some people on old WR and WPO know who I am and they could conceivable blackmail, dox, or sue me. But I can't worry about it. I just have to get on with it.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Really, what we want now, is not laws against crime, but a law against insanity. That is where the true evil lies." -Mark Twain

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 pm

It was so weird. After that strange blocking request of that Ymnes guy I got immediately a mail from De Wikischim, your identity is public. I didn'y notice that. And i didn't care. Because they have to be more afraid for me than I for them, and I am a handcraftman, so nobody can hurt me in my professional life. I don't think they can impress people who know me for decades with there strange story's out of a for them unknown world. I have worked year together with them, what would they say? Staler is a pedophile? I think if someone does they kick him literally out.
But for someone in a other position it can be very difficult. It can really hurt someones reputation, and he can even lose his job. And that is dramatic.
Because, I see that SanFanBan as one big joke, given by a bunch of internet trolls. But, for someone else it can be a drama. A ban from the Wikipedia foundation, and your name between pedophiles, especailly when you are doxxed! It is a kind of black mail, for sure.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!