Wikipedia Review ProBoards is down

The purpose of the forum, the rules, who the moderators are, and other information.
EarlStatler

Re: Wikipedia Review ProBoards is down

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:23 am

Mister Proabivouac, let's return to the subject. Someone who was trolling on Wr-2 proboard started a second, almost the same forum. There were complains. Proboard, a commercial firm, first they took the old WR-2 board out the air, and later after again complains the troll one. That is all, and everything what belongs in this topic. And the rest is bull. Because there are so many for outsiders hopelessly unreadable topics. Me for instance don't have a clou were TDA is talking about. And that is not his fault, it is because I don't know were it's about. And that's the same with Sashi.
But that isn't the matter, I simply don't read what I don't like or don't understand, or accept that I don't understand were it is about. And to answer your last question, discussing without argumentum ad hominem helps a lot. Because you don't have to know everything.

PS If you want to talk about the autism spectrum, open a topic, and I will explain you again in a respectful manner why autism (in my opinion) has destroyed WP-NL and will destroy every wiki project at the long run. But, I have said what I had to say, and don't open topics about Wikipedia anymore. And if something is not clear to you because of my poor English, you can always ask me what I meant.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:46 am

I wrote another email today. 8-)

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 pm

and... that's that.

I give up.

Today I sent the most strongly-worded email to date. It must have raised some eyebrows because they responded right away.

Same response as usual, but this one looks like it was typed up on the fly instead of being a stock form letter.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:05 pm

It's komkommertijd, cucumber time. Silly season. Time for barbecues and about time to celebrate to the indian summer.
I am not surprised of this WMF-style answer. I think we have compromised the psychic condition of Katherine's fact checkers a bit to much, consider it a compliment, and of course it was a Pyrrus victory.
It is a evidence how wikitrolls are trolling. And the lessons to learn for all boards are, kick trolls out, don't let them link to their troll fora, blogs, etc. and make back ups from whatever you consider as important.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 am

Auggie wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 pm
and... that's that.

I give up.

Today I sent the most strongly-worded email to date. It must have raised some eyebrows because they responded right away.

Same response as usual, but this one looks like it was typed up on the fly instead of being a stock form letter.
Out of morbid curiosity was the reply, "No, you cannot have your forum back. Go jump in a lake"?

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:22 am

Proabivouac wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 am
Mr. Statler, I have no reason to dislike you, or use whatever as a weapon, or get you on the defense, etc. I have no friends in Wikiland. My objection is simply that you were crapflooding the board, as in making it hopelessly unreadable. This was enough for me to quit both posting and reading, and I'm sure I'm not alone. If you continue here, I'm out of here, too.

"And I didn't write that down, or ask that experts why they wrote down my IQ was above normal, and the reason why they did was also not so nice, because it was a medical one!"

So how did we know about this if you never wrote it down? And how do we know that everyone besides you and Abd is autistic?
He decided to cut down his posting without prompting on WR-2 and then switched to being conversational with another forum member. Hopefully that will help you with the signal to noise ratio here.

I disagree with Graaf's hypothesis about autism and Wikipedia. I would counter that the evidence suggests that Wikipedia is likely to be a very attractive environment for some autistics and that the percentage of autistics on Wikipedia is likely to be higher than the percentage of autistics in society.

I believe Graaf's English is indicating that some kind of medical concern prompted a doctor to ask him to undergo routine psychometric testing which often includes intelligence testing.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:39 am

Don't forget I am talking about WP-NL, Flip, not about other Wiki's. And what still is on Wikipedia-NL are the left overs, WP-NL is basically down. About other Wiki's I don't know.
And a fact is many users of WP-NL are proud to be autistic, I gave on the old WP-2 you the link, Flip. And my hypothesis is a bit different, slowly the rate/percentage of autistics change by the displacement of non-autistic users by autist, till a project is in the condition like the Dutch Wikipedia and only autistic users are left, and the project dies. And that it is the future is of every wiki- project in my opinion. That is all. And if someone does't agree with this theory there are two possibilities, or he/she opens a topic about this subject, or we agree to disagree. Because repeating over and over the same arguments is meaningless, it only higher the noise ratio and is boring at the end. Something what happens too often on the WP critical fora in my opinion.

And what you write about a medical concern and what happend, you are right Flip.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Americans are especially ignorant about mental health and mental illness. It's taboo.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:37 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 am
Out of morbid curiosity was the reply, "No, you cannot have your forum back. Go jump in a lake"?
Pretty much. I think I made a persuasive argument in my last email and it must have touched a nerve.

The Joy

Post by The Joy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:19 pm

I'm surprised there isn't a "ProBoards Review" critic site out there.

Even their WP article hints that it's like Disneyland with the death penalty:
ProBoards users are bound by a number of Terms of Service, restricting the type of content which may appear on a ProBoards forum. ProBoards prohibits illegal or adult content.
In addition to content policies, Proboards terms also seemingly prohibit the use of "ad-blocking" technology when accessing its services.
According to the Terms of Service, any user under the age of 18 also requires parental permission to register, but this is taken as implied when they accept the registration agreement and not verified.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Really, what we want now, is not laws against crime, but a law against insanity. That is where the true evil lies." -Mark Twain