Test posting from phone

The purpose of the forum, the rules, who the moderators are, and other information.
Auggie

Test posting from phone

Post by Auggie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 pm

This is a test :cry: :) ;) :(

This new version of phpbb does mobile very well.

Flip Flopped

Re: Test posting from phone

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:02 am

Test post.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:03 am

Test post?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:04 am

Whatup Flip?

I'm not sure about this post approval thing. It is enabled by default.

welcome in. :mrgreen:

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:45 am

Is it just sending first posts into moderation?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:56 am

yes. sorry, it's kind of annoying. I think it needs to be turned off.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:04 am

It sent my post into moderation after you'd already approved my first two posts. If it was only for first posts then an explanatory message to that effect could be shown when people register. Then mods have to be sure to approve first posts every morning. If an issue arises there should be a way to send first posts into a queue to be approved.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:04 am
It sent my post into moderation after you'd already approved my first two posts. If it was only for first posts then an explanatory message to that effect could be shown when people register. Then mods have to be sure to approve first posts every morning. If an issue arises there should be a way to send first posts into a queue to be approved.
It's an anti-spam feature. New users are in the newly registered user group, and their first three posts need to be approved by moderators. After that they should automatically advance to the next group and not need approval for their posts.

It's not a bad idea, actually now that I think about it. One of the problems with forums is they get overwhelmed with spam. The old Encyc forum was really a lot of trouble to maintain, and that's why I disabled registrations for it.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:05 am

Auggie wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 am
Flip Flopped wrote:
It's an anti-spam feature. New users are in the newly registered user group, and their first three posts need to be approved by moderators. After that they should automatically advance to the next group and not need approval for their posts.

It's not a bad idea, actually now that I think about it. One of the problems with forums is they get overwhelmed with spam. The old Encyc forum was really a lot of trouble to maintain, and that's why I disabled registrations for it.
It's just something any staff need to be aware of so the work can get done. Also, newly registered members should get a message explaining that their first few posts will be in a mod queue with a rough estimate of how long they can expect to wait.

HRA1924

Post by HRA1924 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:43 am

Auggie wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 am
Flip Flopped wrote:

Glad to see that firm steps are being taken to stop spammers.
BTW - your activation email is going to spam (unlike barbour's forum)