Bibliowiki

Other options besides Wikipedia.
Dysklyver

Bibliowiki

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:59 am

New thread, but Bibliowiki (formerly wikilivres) is over ten years old. Bibliowiki is like Wikisource with a shorter time till works go out of copyright.

https://biblio.wiki/wiki/Main_Page - the old site
https://wikilivres.org/wiki/Main_Page - the new site
(both domains should point to the same, new, site sometime in November.)

Due to the inevitable issues of a long term slightly disused project eventually losing the site management (on Nov 1st), I have the (enviable) task of setting the entire thing up on a new server in South Korea, due to the Canadians being iffy with their copyright laws.

I think someone who was on the site previously will handle donations, or at least I hope so cause otherwise I will end up paying for it. :? Hopefully some of the people who were admins on it previously will still be admins. I doubt my involvement will go much beyond setting it up, since I aren't hosting it and have no history there.

Of course if anyone is interested they are welcome to register, registration on the previous server was closed due to spam, but I have a tried and tested 100% anti-spam system, which I tested on World Wiki. (World Wiki is temporarily down because I am using it's server as a bot to move files.)

Anyways, it's a wiki which is small, not WMF affiliated or financed, and therefore of interest to yours truly.
Editor of the The Wiki Cabal. I live at www.wiki.org.uk.

Auggie

Re: Bibliowiki

Post by Auggie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Cool. So bibio is the new site?

Dysklyver

Re: Bibliowiki

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Yeah maybe I should have explained that better :)

It used to be called Wikilivres in 2011 it is now called Bibliowiki.

I am using the old domain from 2011 as an access point for the new server.
Editor of the The Wiki Cabal. I live at www.wiki.org.uk.