Statlers RC train and other bull.

Talk about things not related to wiki encyclopedias here.
EarlStatler

Statlers RC train and other bull.

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 am

Statler's personal Fyra train..

It was a disaster. Intervention drove me crazy, till I understood the pulse modulation of the speed control was the problem. Now it works perfect. Trains out of the eighties, now radio controlled with battery traction on plastic rails.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

EarlStatler

Re: Statlers RC train and other bull.

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 am

Don't ask me why it works, but as you can see, it works.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Looks like a fun hobby. Barbour on WS knows about electronics (it's his business). Strelnikov seems to know a lot about model airplanes.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:08 pm

It is a nice hobby. Don't forget I am getting older, and some times my work is very heavy for a older man. Stand building is heavy, very heavy work, and my old body is often protesting. But I like handcraft work, I love it, I always repairing cars, was working with wood, welding, I a good MIG welder. But I build and designed also a lot electronics for my business, but not so highly developed as Eric.

I am happy there are fine, younger professionals to help.

So, it's nice to do something like this. It is not heavy, it's fun, and I can use my skills. And it is a good clean up of my stock.

Better work for a old man.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:25 pm

I think you can build platform tables to hold the trains up off the ground. How many trains do you have set up at one time?

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:24 am

Yes, that is my idea, to make tables. And, because the trains have battery traction, I don't have to care about electrical connections so I can expand by making more tables. My idea is to make six tables, with a total surface about 2,40 X 6 meter. And I build 4 RC trains, so that must be enough, and otherwise I build more tables. It's very cheap plastic rails, so that is no problem.

But now first the scenery.
Did you know cat litter mixed with wood glue forms a forms kind of concrete? I didn't, it was a experiment, and there was a small peace of rails I had to change. I needed a hammer.....

But the result is nice.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Cool trains! I was into American Flyer trains. S gauge. Went to a few train shows. Good times.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:00 pm

You can hang the tables from the ceiling and raise and lower them using a pulley, in case you haven't already thought of that. Do you paint your miniature scenery, Graaf?

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:34 am

That is something I thought about, but I want to build every year a module. So, let's say I have still 10-15 years, that seems realistic to me, the project is at that time 22 till 33 meter long! And my ceiling is not that long.... ;)

And I am glad I left the madhouse Wikipedia behind me, because writing articles if you do it in the proper way, and not in the copy-past-trollopedia style costs so much time, you don't have time left for this kind of fun.
Now I am learning how you can make trees with a blender for the scenery and believe it or not, wikitrollisme is at the end very boring because they are so incredibly stupid and repeat there troll tricks over and over, that you almost fall asleep. Have you seen one wikitroll, you have seen them all because they are all copycats. Thats the rerason I asked them several times to come up with a new, amazing troll trick. And not the old fashion stuff I have already seen in the beginning of Web-2 when I was a (abuse) sysop.