Leucosticte

Specific discussion about Wikimedia editors and editing of Wikimedia project pages.
The Devil's Advocate

Leucosticte

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:38 am

He's back in the news as he is running for Congress in Virginia as an independent. Apparently, the instigation for this is that some folks at a place called Babe.net had some of his sites pulled by the domain host and the IP addresses were linked to Larson/Leucosticte's campaign site. The stuff on those sites is very NSFW. I posted about Leucosticte's activity on the ProBoards Wikipedia Review, specifically his involvement with KingsWiki. Seems that site, which had been turned into a redirect, was also taken down along with the fork Larson created. Wonkette was the only site of those writing about him to mention the KingsWiki aspect.

Proabivouac

Re: Leucosticte

Post by Proabivouac » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:32 am

He should be on ArbCom. Remember Coren with his pedo and bestiality stories website?

The Joy

Post by The Joy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:37 pm

How is Larson not in prison?
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Really, what we want now, is not laws against crime, but a law against insanity. That is where the true evil lies." -Mark Twain

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm

The Joy wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:37 pm
As far as I am aware, he has never committed a sexual offense towards a minor. People are not and should not be arrested for mere thoughts or speech. Unless you are aware of some crime he has committed for which he has not been prosecuted and can still be prosecuted then all you can legally do is criticize him for his views.

The Joy

Post by The Joy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:22 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm
The Joy wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:37 pm
As far as I am aware, he has never committed a sexual offense towards a minor. People are not and should not be arrested for mere thoughts or speech. Unless you are aware of some crime he has committed for which he has not been prosecuted and can still be prosecuted then all you can legally do is criticize him for his views.
I agree, though I'm sure authorities are very much "aware" of him should he ever cross the line between theory and practice.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Really, what we want now, is not laws against crime, but a law against insanity. That is where the true evil lies." -Mark Twain