Katherine Maher, executive director Wikimedia Foundation

Wikimedia fundraising, financial issues (and improprieties), expenditures, contracting, and corporate relations.
SpamAssassin

Re: Katherine Maher, executive director Wikimedia Foundation

Post by SpamAssassin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

sashi wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:52 pm
y'all underestimate her just a wee bit, no? ^^

https://cyber.harvard.edu/events/2017/luncheon/10/Maher

Graaf, what do you know about this meltdown on Greek wikipedia she's referring to?
http://archive.is/YA6te

sashi

Post by sashi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 am

OK, I remember that... that's pretty old news and didn't strike me as having ground the project to a standstill. Maybe it did? I thought she was going to refer to the problem of the roving gangs of spin doctors on en.wp and then she finished her sentence by talking about Greece...

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:37 am

I am really sorry, but this is ridiculous! I am living and working in a world were sometimes thinks are said in a rough way. And that has nothing to do with harassments. Fight like this are emotions, and people who are pointing out something was over the limed, This is normal human behavior.
At such a moment you have to ask, why are you so angry, and not start to analyse the fight like that idiot of a Alexander is doing!

Give them both a cup of coffee, talk about the problems and not about the fight, and the problems are solved, and the fight is forgotten after five minutes! That is a human mechanism, otherwise every marriage and every working relation had ended even before it even had started. Alexander, you are a bloody incompetent idiot, and I hope your new office has a internet acces, so you can answer at least a email. You are 100% unsuitable for your job, a copy past idiot who fits exact between the other taboo idiots. Because you are not able to write a normal email, and you are a dirty trollentroetelaar. And everybody himself may figure out what last that woord means, and the Google translation is wrong.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 pm

oh dear

People who organize their books by color need to be phased out.

And the whole "She lives in a junior one bedroom and so must get a poverty nonprofit salary" angle is just massive facepalm. wtf.
San Francisco won’t be her home forever. “I love being here but I miss the feeling of being connected to the rest of the world,” Maher says.
Really?

If this isn't her dream job get her out of there. Jeez. I'd cling to Wikipedia like grim death if I were her.

https://www.ft.com/content/730d0d24-cea ... 1a884dd8c6

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 am

What I wonder, what rent do you pay for such a junior one bedroom in LA? Because, in Amsterdam that should be a fortune. (8600 euro per square meter is the selling price)

It's all a imago they try to build, to impress the donors. To give there money they have collected to fight the gender gap in Holland, and to fight the discrimination of black people in Zambia. Maher is only there to shake a bit with here “female parts” or to flirt a bit with journalist. To fool the world. And WMF Vice president of Communications from Kenya is not hired for her unique capacities, but again to color there imago! Literally, and in my opinion is that abusing. The high educated Kui Kinyanjui belongs in Zambia, to help here country and the people there, and has not to spoil here time by a shitty foundation in LA how claims to do, but doesn't!

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm

I was willing to give her a chance but this interview is terrible. If she's not completely psyched about Wikipedia, San Francisco, or her swanky one bedroom apartment then get her out of there.

OK I just checked her Wikipedia page and I think I see the problem. She comes from southwestern Connecticut, which is overrun with wealthy New Yorkers. It is entirely possible that she considers her job with the WMF to be unimpressive and her $300,000 salary to be meager. I almost feel bad for her, having to slum it with those tech nerds in their sweatshirts and sandals. You can imagine other kids from her high school class are making partner at law firms, getting married, having kids, buying huge mansions. Rough life, at 34 she's a failure. Wasted her life spreading misinformation and pretending to help third world children.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm

I think Maher has a probelm, and is complete trapped in a Hotel in California. Because, she is clever enough to realize she is locked up there with a bunch of total shitheads. But, she is trapped. Why do you think Gardner warned for corruption in the chapters when she was a outgoing chef in 2013? If Maher open here mouth she has a mega problem, because the whole card house collaps. Or do you believe there is a donor who gives one dollar to a foundation what has spoilt millions and millions?

And I am wonder what she is going to say to here rich friends out of here old neighborhood if that happens.......

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 am

Well she didn't screw up enough to get fired, and I suspect her salary is probably closer to half a million at this point. WMF is really behind on publishing its form 990's.

I still can't get over this article. Organizing books by color. Poverty jr. one bedroom. Feeling isolated in San Francisco. :oops: :lol:

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am

It's a hippie girl. She is the type, I don't know if you have that kind of shops in America, to one a shop with all kinds of incense and therapeutic oils and that kind of stuff. With new age music in the background.
Did you notice she never said something technical about Wikipedia? Jimmy does, its most time bull, ok, but he does. But she? She only repeats slogans. She is a kind of a Wikibear.
I your are thinking about it she the materialization of the gender crap approach. A complete neural nothing.

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 am

The latest 990 shows Katherine on $320K, four times the US national average, more than five times the median (overall: sixteen times the median for women). In San Franscisco, that's enough for a home slightly above the median.

However, my guess is that she will not have to put up with the squalor of merely median housing for much longer. Her trajectory is clearly up, up and away. She has been directing WMF donors' dollars pretty solidly towards Democrat-wth-a-capital-D political consultancies; her personal Twitter feed shows a clear tendency to mix her Democrat-aligned personal beliefs with Foundation activities. In the past few days, for example, we see her retweeting a Wikimedia Argentina tweet showing her associating the Foundation with a pro-abortion campaign in Argentina. Well, she is perfectly entitled to take and publish any view she likes personally about the rights and wrongs of abortion, but I don't believe that the donors expected to see the dollars they contributed for "encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual, educational content, and to providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public free of charge" being used instead to campaign for abortions. In fact her Twitter feed is a compendium of issues on which she espouses a "progressive" line. My guess is that she is positioning herself for a move into a better-paid job in a left-leaning nonprofit or NGO; or some explicitly Democrat political consultancy or lobbying group. I think she has got all she needs out of Wikimeda and will shortly move on.