Katherine Maher, executive director Wikimedia Foundation

Wikimedia fundraising, financial issues (and improprieties), expenditures, contracting, and corporate relations.
Renée Bagslint

Re: Katherine Maher, executive director Wikimedia Foundation

Post by Renée Bagslint » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm guessing that Katherine is on her way up and out. Spending most of her time out of the office, talking up her progressive credentials, moonlighting at other foundations ... expect her gone in the next six months.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm
I'm guessing that Katherine is on her way up and out. Spending most of her time out of the office, talking up her progressive credentials, moonlighting at other foundations ... expect her gone in the next six months.
That would be good for Wikipedia. They need a more engaged ED.

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Oh dear, Katherine has blotted her copybook:
California mandates two-hour mandatory anti-harassment training. It's usually a bit of a bore
A bore? Surely not!

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am

I doubt I will need to follow Katherine's Twitter feed any longer. She has literally(*) endorsed Satan. 'Nuff said.

(*) And by "literally" I literally mean "literally".

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:11 pm

It is very boring and it is only about how Katherine is helping the global heating by making as many useless trips with a plane as possible. For me it is not any problem, because I really have appreciate this last summer. The weather here was better than in South-Europe, and it is stillnot very cold.
WMF is in general good for the global heating with all that free holidays for there volontairs.

But this is of course not a director of a serious foundation. She is a hippy girl who has a good time and nothing else.
She is also talking like a hippie girl and acting very immature. I think it is about time she start to look for a other job and grow up.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:03 am

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am
I doubt I will need to follow Katherine's Twitter feed any longer. She has literally(*) endorsed Satan. 'Nuff said.

(*) And by "literally" I literally mean "literally".
I don't know, I'm liking that profile pic and I'll guess that funders do, too.

Satanism , at least La Vey's version, is pretty much just Randian liberalism with a bunch of mumbo-jumbo tacked onto it. "Socially liberal but [sic] fiscally conservative." The message is no different than Crowley's stripped of ambiguities: Do you you want shall be the whole of the law. It is the perfect religion for today's United States.