Katherine Maher, executive director Wikimedia Foundation

Wikimedia fundraising, financial issues (and improprieties), expenditures, contracting, and corporate relations.
Renée Bagslint

Re: Katherine Maher, executive director Wikimedia Foundation

Post by Renée Bagslint » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm guessing that Katherine is on her way up and out. Spending most of her time out of the office, talking up her progressive credentials, moonlighting at other foundations ... expect her gone in the next six months.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 pm
I'm guessing that Katherine is on her way up and out. Spending most of her time out of the office, talking up her progressive credentials, moonlighting at other foundations ... expect her gone in the next six months.
That would be good for Wikipedia. They need a more engaged ED.

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Oh dear, Katherine has blotted her copybook:
California mandates two-hour mandatory anti-harassment training. It's usually a bit of a bore
A bore? Surely not!

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am

I doubt I will need to follow Katherine's Twitter feed any longer. She has literally(*) endorsed Satan. 'Nuff said.

(*) And by "literally" I literally mean "literally".

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:11 pm

It is very boring and it is only about how Katherine is helping the global heating by making as many useless trips with a plane as possible. For me it is not any problem, because I really have appreciate this last summer. The weather here was better than in South-Europe, and it is stillnot very cold.
WMF is in general good for the global heating with all that free holidays for there volontairs.

But this is of course not a director of a serious foundation. She is a hippy girl who has a good time and nothing else.
She is also talking like a hippie girl and acting very immature. I think it is about time she start to look for a other job and grow up.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:03 am

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am
I doubt I will need to follow Katherine's Twitter feed any longer. She has literally(*) endorsed Satan. 'Nuff said.

(*) And by "literally" I literally mean "literally".
I don't know, I'm liking that profile pic and I'll guess that funders do, too.

Satanism , at least La Vey's version, is pretty much just Randian liberalism with a bunch of mumbo-jumbo tacked onto it. "Socially liberal but [sic] fiscally conservative." The message is no different than Crowley's stripped of ambiguities: Do you you want shall be the whole of the law. It is the perfect religion for today's United States.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:14 am

EarlStatler wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:11 pm
It is very boring and it is only about how Katherine is helping the global heating by making as many useless trips with a plane as possible. For me it is not any problem, because I really have appreciate this last summer. The weather here was better than in South-Europe, and it is stillnot very cold.
WMF is in general good for the global heating with all that free holidays for there volontairs.
:lol: yes isn't it hilarious when these liberal holier-than-thou types burn up more fuel in a month than an average person does in a year? Like Al Gore in his giant mansion with the heated pool.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:37 pm

And what do you think of a person like James Alexander? They must load at least a ton extra fuel for that weight! And up with the global temperature, here he comes, the best paid troll ever! He burns in one week more fuel in a month than an average person does in a year, not in a mouth!
These are crazy persons, real. They think the can get overnight rich and let a other do the work and have the risk.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Crazy, or just good at playing the game? Maher is collecting fat paychecks at a prestigious job. Winning?

Very few people are principled enough anymore to want to leave things better for the next person. It's a thankless job. She'll just consume what's there and move on, then years from now have some dumb rationalizations about how times changed or whatever. Meanwhile it's her own inaction that is letting Wikipedia stagnate and lose out.

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 am

Auggie wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:53 pm
Meanwhile it's her own inaction that is letting Wikipedia stagnate and lose out.
Maher's job is mainly to raise money, and it looks like they're doing better on this front than ever. It matters only very indirectly if the "community" is stagnant or the content is any good. She's not a scholar whose reputation is dependent upon content. She doesn't own it and even WMF doesn't really own it, nor does anyone own the WMF. If the money stops flowing in some ten years from today it makes no difference to them. In the meantime they will continue selling the sizzle and hoping no one tastes the steak.