Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

General discussion about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
User avatar
EarlStatler
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by EarlStatler » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 am

Auggie wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 am
well he muted you.

I'll tell you why.

Long-term forum denizens are addicted to the experience. They need their dopamine fixes. When you post content they don't want to read, that dilutes the text and makes it harder for them to get their rush. That's why they are such insufferable control freaks.

Plus voting someone off the island is in and of itself a pretty good feeling. At least for them.

You can practically smell Somey's satisfaction as he mutes you.
Midsized Jackoff wrote:You're banned?

Oh wait, "muted." Sorry.
Plus what's his deal with mocking your English? As far as I know, he doesn't speak any foreign languages. I'd like to see him write in Dutch as well as you do in English. Niet zo makkelijk.
It is a part of there autistic disorder. The symptoms are extreem poor poor lying, you have seen that with that manipulated google translation what was corrected by a native Dutch speaker, obsessed by writing errors, long tekst with all kind of things what have nothing to do with the matter what their equal confirmation (A lamppost is made out of iron=>I am right), they never give a wrong, and they operate in groups with other autists.

They are extreem solidair and often intelligent, that is the reason they have often good positions in the society. Of course they know Drmies aka Natuur12 made the blunder of his life with that global lock forcing together with Ymnes, because many of them new I was real Martin, because I had sometimes contact with them, but the fox hunting groep not! Because of this strange page.


Image

Ha! was Natroll12 thinking, fun! A fox! A fox hunting! A impersonator! Fox hunting time! That Martin is dead, so it is extreem safe. A huge international fox hunting with alllllllll my troll friends including alllll my troll friends on Meta. But......... He took the wrong fox.... They where furies with him and Ymnes, they where boiling, from time to time you could find small signs of that. Because from that moment on they are deep, deep in the shit. We (De Kolonel and I) had already three bluf letters of lawyers in our mail box to shut up. My standard answer is you know who my lawyer is, Mr. Ausma, he knows the situation and than it remains silent.

The wonder Wikipedia has a mystery. A mystery what makes them scared to dead because I know there mystery. But I don't give a damned shit about about there trollopedia and consider them all as a group metal disabled what they are for me. Because, I have learned to life with the fact I am able to understand things no one else understand. The Euro crisis? I was almost the only person in ths world who understood the back ground. A RC train out of rubbish? No problem. Extreme difficult legal international matters? Spend millions to laywers, but I an right, without spending one day in law school. And I was only testing how ruff can I be before they block me. well, extreem ruff, and Jake was so excited when he got the OK at the end he was almost dancing of happiness. Because of course he don't have the commando, but others.

And me. Many times I have explained I don't want to abuse the situation because my mother told me it is wrong to beat disabled people, what the all are in my opinion, but I don't accept there solution oeeeps, small mistake, bad for you, but we want to continuo our party, so shut up because we say so. Simple, I don't do that. It is as simple as that. And that is the situation at the moment, and from time to time I bull them up a bit.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

User avatar
Auggie
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Auggie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Wow they're getting really lame. It's just Jake and Poetlister in a tiny little intellectual circle jerk.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 48#p226782
Midsize Jake wrote:
Poetlister wrote:How many other Supreme Court justices can you name?
Are you asking me specifically? I can name all the Supreme Court Justices, though sometimes I leave out Stephen Breyer because he's named after a brand of ice cream and I'm lactose-intolerant.

The point is, we're not concerned about people in general here, this is a newsletter for Wikipedians. Say what you want about their average intelligence or their awareness of current events - their newsletter should be making them aware of the ramifications of a clear right-wing majority on the US Supreme Court, full stop. Admittedly it isn't, but the solution there isn't to forego mention of the situation at all (as Mr. Kudpung suggests), the solution is to analyze the situation and write about it.
So sad that this is what the great Somey has been reduced to. He was once lord of a mighty empire, like myself. Now he's just a petty little dork trying to prove he's wittier than the next dork. I think he even used the phrase "full stop" at one point. More like full Wikipedian. :lol:

User avatar
EarlStatler
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by EarlStatler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:28 am

I can't get the purpose of WO, Auggie. Jake is the most lousy sysop there is, even more lousy than the average wikipedia sysop, it is a extention of the Village Pump, so what can be there goal? It is a bit chatting about WP, most of them are active on WP, it is strange fenomeen. But I have noticed the wikipedia critical world is even more weird than Wikipedia itself.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Proabivouac
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Proabivouac » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am

Auggie wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:47 pm
Wow they're getting really lame. It's just Jake and Poetlister in a tiny little intellectual circle jerk.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 48#p226782
Midsize Jackass wrote: The point is, we're not concerned about people in general here, this is a newsletter for Wikipedians. Say what you want about their average intelligence or their awareness of current events - their newsletter should be making them aware of the ramifications of a clear right-wing majority on the US Supreme Court, full stop.
Either McGomi has stopped paying him and he's now being paid by the DNC, or McGomi is paying him to say all this in lieu of a donation to the DNC. Or it's personal: if there is a clear right-wing majority on the court, the right of jackasses to marry either humans or one another will be denied.

User avatar
Auggie
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Auggie » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:09 pm

No money and he doesn't believe in anything, at least not enough to do much beyond spouting off in forum to an audience that can't contradict him too much.

Like Renee said, it's a "crack den for forum addicts".

Somey is paid in dopamine and smug feelings.

Proabivouac
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Proabivouac » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 am

Auggie wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:09 pm
Somey is paid in dopamine and smug feelings.
Are tou sure? His political rants are out of control. THey are now the main subject of the board and have been for a while:
Midsize Jackass wrote:
Cla68 wrote: Senator Collins' speech should serve as a seminal, defining moment in the history of women's rights in the US. Why? Because, facing immense pressure, bullying, and emotional manipulation, including physical intimidation of her staff, public heckling, threats that she would be recalled or have her political opponents' funding increased, etc., she, a woman at the peak of her profession and career in a supposedly "man's world", staked out the moral high ground, publicly stood on it, and powerfully and rationally defended it, in making a decision which will likely decisively affect US socio-political culture for decades to come.
Did you actually listen to this speech? I can't imagine you did, if you really believe that's what's going on here.

We'll probably know in about 2, 3, maybe 4 years, but this is basically a situation where Kavanaugh met with Collins and said, "Naaah, forget everything I've ever said, done, and written - I'm a moderate! I'm not going to reverse 50 to 100 years of progress in women's rights, I'm not going to eliminate the requirement that health-insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions, I'm not going to turn the US into a corporatist theocracy, naaah! None of that stuff! Heck, I'm not even a rapist!" and Collins basically said, "Okay, I believe everything you say, just because you seem like such a nice young man, and as an added bonus, you haven't actually tried to rape me! (Yet!)"

So, in a few years, when the Kavanaugh "Rapist Court" has done all those things, this speech will go down in history as one of the worst examples of legislator malpractice and gullibility in US history. Easily. It could easily be added to the "Examples" section of Wikipedia's Gullibility (T-H-L) article, at the very least. She'll be like the Neville Chamberlain of American jurisprudence.

Then again, maybe Kavanaugh will go against everything he's done in the past and keep his promises to Collins et al to maintain a moderate ideological stance, in which case, sure, this speech of hers could be seen as an effort to "stem the overwhelming tide of partisanship." Just remember though, these people are playing a long game - Collins, and possibly you and I as well, may be long-dead by the time the Republicans finally manage to complete their plans. The historians who actually do interpret this speech of hers, if they bother at all, will be the some ones condemning us for causing their coastal cities to be 10 feet underwater while the interior of every continent is a toxic desert.
I realize that not all of this is interesting, but that's kinda the point. That, and you shouldn't take Costner's Waterworld too seriously.

User avatar
The Devil's Advocate
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Ming has posted something to the blog and if you're suffering from insomnia then I suggest you read the whole thing because it will definitely help. I sort of read all of it, though at certain places you're better off just skimming. He goes into the "forgotten articles" list showing articles that haven't seen edits in a while and barely any of what he does could be described as criticism. For the most part, he just summarizes the list and what got removed from the list, which leads to some of the parts where it is better to skim as he does a whole paragraph outlining every single reason why articles came off the list. The next paragraph he provides a summary that was almost enough to describe those reasons on its own by saying "none of this was terribly substantial." Ming did us the favor with that line by neatly summarizing his whole blog post as well.

However, the real problem is that it fails as criticism. We got a lot of explanations about the list, what's on it, and why it changes, but there isn't much left in the way of criticism when you take all of that out. I took the step of doing so and got it down by over two-thirds and what was left was far from hard-hitting analysis. Ming also completely overlooks legitimate points because he either lacked imagination or he only cared slightly more about these articles then the people who don't even know about them. One thing he remarks about is that there are lists of Supreme Court cases and he argues "there may be no reason to make further changes to the article itself." Here is one of those lists. Is it really true that there "may be no reason to make further changes" to this list? Already there is one glaring problem with this list when looking at the ones before and after in the series.

Those three lists all include cases from the same year, but only the year of the case decisions is provided, which Ming describes as the "date" of each case. No, the exact date of each decision is known and while one can get it from the links, there is no reason why a specific date could not be provided in the list itself. What about a summary of each decision and the nature of the dispute brought to the court? One could easily put these in a table sorted by the exact date with a case summary in the list itself. Not all of these are trivial periods for the court either as one includes the Loving v. Virginia case, which overruled anti-miscegenation laws, and another covers the very well-known Brown v. Board. A list including such cases being so neglected is surely something worth noting if he bothered to examine this more closely. He provides none of the useful commentary an experienced editor such as himself could bring and opts instead for minute descriptions anyone with basic reading comprehension could provide before adding bland commentary on the well-worn topic of declining project participation.

User avatar
Auggie
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Auggie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 am

Snore. Looks like crap on my phone too. How do they not have a mobile skin?

These guys look at the blog like a homework assignment. They get some forum cred if they can turn something in.

sashi
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by sashi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 pm

you think? :lol: I kind of liked Ming's homework assignment since I didn't know a bot regularly popped up work to keep unpaid volunteers from getting bored.

User avatar
EarlStatler
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by EarlStatler » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 pm

They just mix Village Pump talk and criticism up. What Ming is pointing out is something we all know and what is discussed over and over in the Dutch De Kroeg (Village Pump).
Wikipediocracy is not the place for wiki criticism. It is true what he is telling but that is not where it is about. Most of those articles are long forgotten and nobody is reading them, they are harmless.

Wikipediocracy is a fake critical site, they are die hard wikipedians with some critic. Just like the gender desk is not a critical blog, it is a gender gap support blog, filled up with hidden propaganda and lies. And if you notice that, you are a woman hater. But the wiki world is filled up with poor liars and manipulators, she is just one of them.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests