Suckswatch

General discussion about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
Renée Bagslint

Re: Suckswatch

Post by Renée Bagslint » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Graaf, I had originally hoped that discussion and analysis might eventually lead to action. But it's clear that no-one at any of the sites I've been watching shares that aspiration.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm

That's a good one. Indeed, nobody share that ambition and I think I know why.
The main problem is it is impossible to fix Wikipedia, because if it was possible to fix Wikipedia, yes you could find the people and yes, it could lead to action.
The real problem is Wikipedia is a self destructing system because of the constant displace of users. So, every wiki is in a constant dead spiral, there is simple now way up, and that is because of many the system errors.
So, the only action can be hasten the day, and who is willing to hasten the day? It cost you a lot of time and maybe even money, and what do you get in return? Nothing. And that is the reason.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 am

EarlStatler wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm
So, the only action can be hasten the day, and who is willing to hasten the day? It cost you a lot of time and maybe even money, and what do you get in return? Nothing. And that is the reason.
A fair, if depressing, summary.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Eric is hiding now. Even in his own forum, he can't face me. What a coward piece of shit.

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:16 am

Auggie wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 pm
Eric is hiding now. Even in his own forum, he can't face me. What a coward piece of shit.
Braver than "Somey".

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:29 am

Somey, what a joke. But you know, if you have a longer look at the fora you see always the same names. Now Guido den Broeder, the man with his own autists and Jahova wiki is popping up on WO. Prins Ogidius.
A wiki star out of the time of Oscar van Dillen, the famous Dutch composer nobody ever has heard about. Close related to Mdd. And in this way it is a continuing soap opera.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Proabivouac wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:16 am
Auggie wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 pm
Braver than "Somey".
Is Somey an antisemitic piece of shit who posts "Israel-related" threads and then uses them to attack Jews around the world, then disappears when he's called out?

I mean, yes, you're right Somey is bit weaselly sometimes but nowhere near Eric's level of patheticness.
EarlStatler wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:29 am
Somey, what a joke. But you know, if you have a longer look at the fora you see always the same names. Now Guido den Broeder, the man with his own autists and Jahova wiki is popping up on WO. Prins Ogidius.
A wiki star out of the time of Oscar van Dillen, the famous Dutch composer nobody ever has heard about. Close related to Mdd. And in this way it is a continuing soap opera.
well ultimately the wiki stuff is just not interesting enough and addicts have to get their dopamine hits from somewhere, so they turn to interpersonal conflict, also known as player vs. player or PvP. At that point the less repressed you are, the more you let loose and make a total jackass of yourself, the bigger deal you become.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:40 am

Auggie wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm

well ultimately the wiki stuff is just not interesting enough and addicts have to get their dopamine hits from somewhere, so they turn to interpersonal conflict, also known as player vs. player or PvP. At that point the less repressed you are, the more you let loose and make a total jackass of yourself, the bigger deal you become.
That is what they are doing now with there abitroll election, making a complete jackass out of themself. All, both the candidates as well as the voters. They simple don't deserve no to live in a free country, because they even doen't understand the base of democratie.