Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

General discussion about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
Auggie

Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Auggie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:37 pm

This is too good a thread title to let go of.

So I checked over there today and the old codgers are fantasizing about tying up Avril Lavigne.

Seriously, their judgement is so whacked. Kohs said something about roping and gagging her in a basement, and Poetlister posted a pic of her tied to a chain link fence.

Idiots. That site is not worth anyone's time.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... f=8&t=8528

Flip Flopped

Re: Wikipediocracy's failure is a joy to watch

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Auggie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:37 pm
This is too good a thread title to let go of.

So I checked over there today and the old codgers are fantasizing about tying up Avril Lavigne.

Seriously, their judgement is so whacked. Kohs said something about roping and gagging her in a basement, and Poetlister posted a pic of her tied to a chain link fence.

Idiots. That site is not worth anyone's time.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... f=8&t=8528
In this case I understand what Kohs is saying. Poetlister took it too far.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Kohs is dumb.

But maybe I'm biased because I love Avril Lavigne.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Auggie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:45 pm
Kohs is dumb.

But maybe I'm biased because I love Avril Lavigne.
Kohs is pointing out that some Wikipedian may be an obsessed fan. It's a fair point.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Holy shit! Vigilant just posted a thread soliciting feedback on how to improve WO: http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... =13&t=8533. Am I asleep? Is any of this really happening? Seriously, kudos to Vigilant in welcoming feedback and being open to change. My only suggestion is to work on making the forum less antagonistic. Kohs has improved how interacts, which is good. I don't expect greybeard to apologize to Barbour, but those kinds of slap fights on fora aren't forgotten.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Well I gave them some free advice I might regret. Their first move should be to install a mobile-friendly phpBB style.

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Auggie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:42 pm
Well I gave them some free advice I might regret. Their first move should be to install a mobile-friendly phpBB style.
I miss the "like" feature on ProBoards. And all the content. Not complaining though, Auggie.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Yes the like feature was pretty cool. It was a great way to end a thread if nothing more needed to be said.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeh, it was a nice feature. But the probelm for them is, they (Wikipediocrazy) want to do "something". And I have learned from the crisis in Greece, you can't do anything. To me it was absolute clear something was structural wrong in Greece, when I fond in a mini market in a small village tomatoes from the Netherlands grown on glass wool.
The same on Wikipedia-NL, when they started in the village pump about 1.000.000 articles, 1.100.000 articles, 1.200.000 articles, I had the same feeling, something is terrible wrong here.

Of course they know in SanFan the same like we know, but they can't change it, because there is no solution! Like in Greece there was no solution! So, they go on and on, and get a forum down. Is that a solution? No. But it's at least something. But will it help? No. And were will they end up? Strait to a wall, just like Greece crashed at end.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Flip Flopped

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm

EarlStatler wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:21 pm
Yeh, it was a nice feature. But the probelm for them is, they (Wikipediocrazy) want to do "something". And I have learned from the crisis in Greece, you can't do anything. To me it was absolute clear something was structural wrong in Greece, when I fond in a mini market in a small village tomatoes from the Netherlands grown on glass wool.
The same on Wikipedia-NL, when they started in the village pump about 1.000.000 articles, 1.100.000 articles, 1.200.000 articles, I had the same feeling, something is terrible wrong here.

Of course they know in SanFan the same like we know, but they can't change it, because there is no solution! Like in Greece there was no solution! So, they go on and on, and get a forum down. Is that a solution? No. But it's at least something. But will it help? No. And were will they end up? Strait to a wall, just like Greece crashed at end.
I don't blame WO for WR being taken down. I've always doubted that Kohs caused the take down of the first WS forum.

You found tomatoes grown on fiberglass in the Netherlands for sale at a market in Greece? Seems they would be very expensive.

Does anybody else here often accidentally delete their posts?