General discussion about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
The Devil's Advocate

Re: Julian Assange arrested!

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 am

EarlStatler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:41 pm
And his cat need a loving family.
The cat is okay.

Incidentally, to bring focus to Wikipedia, there is a discussion on Jimbo's page about Assange and Jimbo has commented.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 am
Proabivouac wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 am
EarlStatler wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:34 am
And judges are independent from politics.
In which universe is this? A "judge" who is independent from politics is just a person with an opinion. Were judges truly independent from politics, this indictment would not exist.
That doesn't make sense. It's someone posting nonsense on the internet who is best described as "just a person with an opinion". Here in the UK, judges are appointed, not elected, and while it is impossible to remove political considerations completely, in general we make a pretty good job of keeping politics out of judicial decision-making.

The same in Holland. I had have met several judges both in there function as private and they all where externe friendly and integer persons. The judges I met personal had noting to do with the law cases I was involved in, they where from different courts, one was even a judge of our Hoge Raad. It was pure coincidental I met them.
A judge is appointed by the king, a political neutral person. And I say it in a different way, Proabivouac, it is just bullshit you are writing, in the newspaper was today written he want to cooperate complete with the Swedish and English authority's. We simple don't need the shitty Wikimedia Foundations, WMF with al there idiots like Maher and Jimbo here in Europe.

https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/wikileaks- ... ~a1b144a0/

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 am
EarlStatler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:41 pm
And his cat need a loving family.
The cat is okay.

Incidentally, to bring focus to Wikipedia, there is a discussion on Jimbo's page about Assange and Jimbo has commented.
The man needs rest. He is in Belmarsh, a prison in England. And believe me, the staff will do anything to comfort him and he will get perfect medical care. I hope they will keep him there a longer time, far away from internet, with some nice books, a television, much sleep, and no worry about the cat. Because that is what he needs and not a bunch of "social justice" shitty wikipedians or the extreem shitty WMF.
Europe, England will take care of him. He is hunted like a fox and if he has done things wrong, well that is up to the European authorities. In short, he is in good hands.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 am
Proabivouac wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 am
In the big picture the irony is that Manning's own sentence was commuted by Obama solely as a reward for claiming to be transgendered, and now they are going after some third far less culpable party to re-punish in his stead. Wikipedia is unreservedly pro-Chelsea Manning and no doubt approves of this transference of blame:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... d_decision
Now this is more entertaining. Jimmy Wales has a complex relationship with Assange. At one time Jimmy Wales owned some of the wikileaks domain names through Wikia. Assange has owned them since 2011.
More on this, please.
Renée Bagslint wrote:
More recently, we see Katherine Maher tweeting against Assange ("righteous scumbags"). The WMF position must surely be that since they are heavily pro-Clinton, they are therefore anti-Assange, and they don't like the confusion in the donors' minds about whether Wikileaks is connected with Wikipedia.
Unquestionably that is their reason and Democrats' reason for having turned on Assange. Were it not for the DNC leaks, he would still be fêted as a liberator of information that wants to be free. Manning's leaks while a gross betrayal of trust do not bother them as they are seen as critical of Bush's policies. The indictment against Assange says nothing about the DNC emails but they may well be the motivation for the indictment. We now host two superposed realities, one in which Manning is a hero and one in which Assange is a villain for having cooperated with Manning. Not entirely dissimilar from the superposition which defines Manning's Wikipedia biography.

Renée Bagslint

Post by Renée Bagslint » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Proabivouac wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Renée Bagslint wrote:
At one time Jimmy Wales owned some of the wikileaks domain names through Wikia. Assange has owned them since 2011.
More on this, please.
Wikipedia:WikiLeaks is not part of Wikipedia
A bunch of anonymous people wrote:The domain names wikileaks.com, wikileaks.net, wikileaks.us, wikileaks.biz, and wikileaks.mobi previously had a "Registrant"[6] or "Registrant Organization"[7] listed as Jimmy Wales' company Wikia, and some had Michael Davis (who is Chief Operating Officer of Wikia),[8] listed for "Registrant Name". These sites showed content from wikileaks.org. This is perhaps the basis for some of the confusion regarding Wikipedia and WikiLeaks; however, Wikia and the Wikimedia Foundation are for the most part separate organizations.

In response to a question on his talk page on 8 December 2010, Wales stated:[9]

To answer your question, when Wikileaks first launched they put out a press release calling themselves something like "the Wikipedia of secrets". We had no idea who they were, whether it was a scam or spam or who knows what, so some domain names were registered defensively. We contacted them immediately to see what was going on and they apologized for being careless with the Wikipedia name and everything was sorted right away with no problems... except for them actually concluding the technical aspects of the transfer.

Further, according to a previous statement by Wales on 1 October 2010:[10]

Wikia does not serve any of the sites. The CNAME records in DNS direct the traffic to www.wikileaks.org.
The domain names were legally transferred to Wikileaks a long time ago, but for unknown reasons, Wikileaks never completed the technical aspects of the transfer. Wikia has made multiple requests to them to do so, with no result yet. Mr. Assange has indicated that he is very busy right now, which seems likely to be true, given recent news events.

On 27 January 2011, the domain name registrations were finally assigned to Julian Assange.[11]

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Renée Bagslint wrote:
More recently, we see Katherine Maher tweeting against Assange ("righteous scumbags").

Katherine Maher is a complete nitwit and a huppelkut. She is the one who has changed Wikipedia in some "social justice" revolutunair political movement with there adoration for the Pirate Party. Complete, complete incompetent, despite showing her high ranks as COE etc.

Just a playing girl from a rich family hopping form one to the other charity job because "she is so solidaire with the poor". Complete bullshit, she is a prutser with her fuckcheckers and gender nonsens. And with her #MetooIneveranswereanyemail! Beside it is extreem impolite it not to answer emails is also extreem amateurish. A professional organisation with a legal team always has to answer.

The WMF position must surely be that since they are heavily pro-Clinton, they are therefore anti-Assange, and they don't like the confusion in the donors' minds about whether Wikileaks is connected with Wikipedia.
Must be. look here:

https://twitter.com/jamesofur/status/10 ... 0277462016

Listening to @ChelseaClinton, and madam Chelsea thanked him with a complement for his twitter account with cats. James Alexander, one of the poorest Wikipedia sysops ever how is complete incapable. He is here the ridicules righteous scumbag, just like the rest of the WMF staff.

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:37 am

Ha. That's just divinely circled. Chelsea on the Daily Show, where Shawna Shepherd @ShawnaMinassian produces talent... being tweeted by the former bouncer of the WMF/Minassian Media/Clinton Foundation conglomera-charity. Meanwhile, Julien Assange's en-wiki-page is on lockdown and the Wikileaks entry is firmly under the control of Volunteer Marek & the Snoog.

All's well in Mudville. ^^

(Meanwhile, Trypto's throwing everything at the wall to try to get my head, this comment'll probably do the trick.)

I actually ran into some of your comments on en.wp recently Proabivouac, because someone was trying to get me to dig dig dig and prove that Snoogans' was Tarc. I must say, if he is, that's some really impressive behavior modification. Tarc was snarky. Snoog is not.

Glad to hear that Assange's cat is OK. Reminds me of old Socks.

ps: earl... that link has your name inside. :)

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:45 pm

James has to be saved, isn't it?
Mudville, that is good one. I collect all those typical American words and expressions, I have a complete list.
O, and for me it is all the same Shashi.

WMF/Minassian Media/Clinton Foundation conglomera-charity, Julien Assange, Chelsea, they sit all with there slip on there knees when they are shitting.

Once I a had a temporary job and the boss said something to me I will never forget and he was right. You will never surpass your father and that must be hard.
Because that is true. My cradle was surrounded by later in that time famous professors. Can you imagine how impressive it is when you look trough the key hole of the Dom church and see your one father in a toga on a high chair speaking for a audience with high placed persons when you are six?.
We had a Wolsely, very special in that time, a big house, much of respect, I have been on dinners with the queen, the English ambassador has made a ride with me in his Rolls Royces till....... I got 13 and my dad died.

Only Tolkien has phoned my mother a few times, and my Uncle Bram has taken care about us whit his wife Els. Aunt Els, not a real aunt by the way. And the rest, never heard about them anymore!
I shit on them, all. Really, they are nothing to me Shashi. Absolute nothing.