WikiTribune

Discussions related to Wikipedia's co-founder, Jimmy Wales
The Devil's Advocate

WikiTribune

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:13 pm

I published a piece in Breitbart about Jimbo's latest project and there is some information relevant to Wikipedia as well. This is mostly about the preview article they published last month and some of the issues with it. Something no one seemed to catch at the time is an undisclosed connection Jimbo had to the subject of the piece.

EarlStatler

Re: WikiTribune

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:23 am

Briljant last sentence TDA.
Extreem right Wilders was right when he said the Islam has very dangers element what could be compete misinterpreted by some people.
We have seen in Europe he was right. (By the way, he never said he had something agains islamic people)
Varoufakis, an Marxism econome, was also complete right something was wrong in the ballans of the Euro. We have seen the result, the Euro crisis.

I think it is very wrong to divide the world in the good and the bad, right wing and left wing. I know very social and freindly people who are Wilders voters, who care for others, and watch the environment, and so called leftish people who are only filling there one pockets and don't care for anybody!

It is such a nonsens Jimmy is telling. Work together, as a human being, and lissen to arguments!
It will never work, that idea of Jimmy.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:02 am

WO have finally noticed the piece and Jake has made sure to attack me for "misrepresenting" a quote from someone saying the article was biased as he said he personally didn't see it as biased. Although Jake is correct the quote, in context, reads a little differently, it is not because I made some willful effort to misrepresent. I was going off what was reported in The Times and they are the ones who omitted that bit of context. However, looking at the quote in context I am not inclined to see it as much of a misrepresentation on the part of The Times. The reason this individual gives for not seeing it as biased is essentially that it aligns with his own bias, which is still saying it is biased just in a more mealy-mouthed manner. Jake also insists no one at WO thought it was biased, which may well be true since people who are already biased towards a position tend to view a biased perspective as the truth.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 am

TDA, I am living in a other country with a social democratic system, and we are focused on Germany (Were Holland in many ways a part from is) and the EU. Not at America. I can't and I don't want to judge in public about the American political system, with all it's problems, that is up to the Americans, like Europe is up to the Europeans.

What I don't like is these kind of influences, weather they are from left or (extreem) right, are infiltrating in our county/Europe without any controle, by a complete out of controle Wikipedia system.
But, what I notice is that we in Europe listen much beter to each other arguments. And this seems to me a huge problem in the American politic, and in Wikipedia critical too. It is black or white, sometimes even literally. And this is very wrong! Because the treu is always many shades of grey!
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm

So is T.D. Adler really your name? If so, "The Devil's Advocate" was pretty clever.

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Auggie wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm
So is T.D. Adler really your name? If so, "The Devil's Advocate" was pretty clever.
It is clearly identified as an alias.

Auggie

Post by Auggie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm

oh ok.