Ted Cruz

This subforum is used for discussion of actual biographical material on Wikipedia. Its contents are hidden from search engines.
The Devil's Advocate

Ted Cruz

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:47 am

Another piece for Breitbart. This one was a quickie regarding some silly editing by Congressional IPs about Ted Cruz. Probably one of the most interesting angles here is that because these edits are broadcast by a Twitter account for over 50,000 followers, there is on some level a greater incentive for shenanigans. Here the shenanigans are a reference to a joke conspiracy theory about Ted Cruz being the Zodiac Killer with an apparent nod to the claims about his father being connected to Lee Harvey Oswald.

Proabivouac

Re: Ted Cruz

Post by Proabivouac » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 am

Nice piece. Question: why don't you use your real name when writing for publication? Wouldn't you agree that this negative characteristic of Wikiland shouldn't be spread further than is necessary? It's not as if Breitbart writers are tracked down and killed. You should be proud of your hard work and take credit for it.

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:54 am

Proabivouac wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 am
Nice piece. Question: why don't you use your real name when writing for publication? Wouldn't you agree that this negative characteristic of Wikiland shouldn't be spread further than is necessary? It's not as if Breitbart writers are tracked down and killed. You should be proud of your hard work and take credit for it.
There is a long cherished tradition of pen names throughout history. I do not see using them as inherently a negative characteristic. People are too quick to blame anonymity for bad behavior when people in the past did and in the present still do behave absolutely horrifically under their real names. As long as what is being raised is factual, the byline shouldn't matter. Why I use one is explained at the bottom of every article. Just because I'm not likely to be murdered, doesn't mean there aren't other perfectly legitimate causes for concern.

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:50 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:54 am
Just because I'm not likely to be murdered, doesn't mean there aren't other perfectly legitimate causes for concern.
What are these causes for concern?

sashi

Post by sashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm

If you write about famous felines like Ted the Cat at Breitbart, I've heard cautionary tales about the risk of getting haunted by ghosts of Socks.