ArbCom 2017 election

Discussion about the yearly Arbitration Committee elections.
The Devil's Advocate

Re: ArbCom 2017 election

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm

poko wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:47 pm
I thought the Wikipedian position is that people can repent and be redeemed... except in my own case of course. :oops:
As far as I am aware, Tarc never sincerely repented and he never really changed his ways.

EarlStatler

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 am

poko wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:47 pm
I thought the Wikipedian position is that people can repent and be redeemed... except in my own case of course. :oops:
Of course you can! Serve the cabal well with you socks, and worship the Jimboism.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:54 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm
As far as I am aware, Tarc never sincerely repented and he never really changed his ways.
If everyone had the same rules as here, there would not have been even insincere repentance.

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 am

Folks at WO are going wild speculating about how BU Rob13 might be and they also got sidetracked suggesting I was some reddit user who posts at WikiInAction. Marek also jumped in to get some licks in on me while disputing those claims because he is basically everything he accuses me of being in the same post. Nothing to do with the ArbCom election, but I guess he isn't capable of self-control and thus can't help but go on and on and on.

Proabivouac

Post by Proabivouac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 am

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 am
Folks at WO are going wild speculating about how BU Rob13 might be and they also got sidetracked suggesting I was some reddit user who posts at WikiInAction. Marek also jumped in to get some licks in on me while disputing those claims because he is basically everything he accuses me of being in the same post. Nothing to do with the ArbCom election, but I guess he isn't capable of self-control and thus can't help but go on and on and on.
I find their discussion of you when you are banned for no legitimate reason and thus unable to respond unchivalrous and unseemly. What's the phrase, pick on someone your own size? Better still someone bigger such as the bigshots who run Wikipedia and the little bigshots who run Wikipediocracy? Sniping at the banned is the pasttime of a coward.

The really stupid part is this:
Volunteer Marek wrote: And oh yeah, getting back to original topic, the only part of my vote that I'll divulge is that I voted for Opabinia. Mostly because that CrowsNest fellah was so down on her, and since pretty much everything else he said was so damn wrong, I figure she must be pretty good.
There you go, "Volunteer Marek" supports "Opabinia regalis" because "CrowsNest" doesn't like him/her/xer. What an awesome way to appoint the board of an "encyclopedia." So inspirational that Wikipediocracy is here to cheer for the winners; I suppose it does mean "rule by Wikipedia" after all.

Kingsindian

Post by Kingsindian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:55 am

TDA is not banned on WO I think?

Anyway, isolated comments on banned editors are commonplace everywhere. It's not news that TDA doesn't like VM and vice versa.

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 am

I am not banned as it was lifted literally within hours of my first Breitbart article appearing, though they talked about reimposing it after lifting it because Dan Murphy said he would leave if I wasn't banned despite me not even participating on the site. At any rate, I don't not like or dislike Marek and he has his good points. Unfortunately, when his bad points are in play he seriously corrupts the information on one of the top ten sites in the world accessed by hundreds of millions of people every day. Just think it was funny how they were all there speculating about me being some random person on reddit. Never posted on WikiInAction under any account and I'm definitely not pro-Trump or alt-right.

sashi

Post by sashi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 pm

It's been fun to watch the swarming since Crowsnest showed up over there (at WPO). VM is keeping busy on WIA and at AE... I mentioned one person's name over there (WPO, again) and within 48 hours poof! they were gettin' prosecuted Marek-style. Her basic crime? Having written Quickypedia:AVDUCKS I think, though I see you covered the case here...) In any case, I guess I'd better stop mentioning people if it brings a swarm of Mareks on them.

I thought I remembered you saying you'd never been on WIA.

Kingsindian

Post by Kingsindian » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 am

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 am
I am not banned as it was lifted literally within hours of my first Breitbart article appearing,
Did your unbanning from WO have something to do with your Breitbart article?

The Devil's Advocate

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Kingsindian wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 am
Did your unbanning from WO have something to do with your Breitbart article?
I mean, I never appealed the ban and it was lifted literally hours after my first piece was published so I assume it was the reason.