Wikipedia vandalism gets New Zealander made into a Japanese god in a board game

General discussion about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
The Devil's Advocate

Wikipedia vandalism gets New Zealander made into a Japanese god in a board game

Post by The Devil's Advocate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 am

A pretty entertaining story I have seen making the rounds. The figure is pretty cool-looking. Just too bad there is no Japanese god like that.

EarlStatler

Re: Wikipedia vandalism gets New Zealander made into a Japanese god in a board game

Post by EarlStatler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 am
A pretty entertaining story I have seen making the rounds. The figure is pretty cool-looking. Just too bad there is no Japanese god like that.
Great story! But do you know Beda with his Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum and all kinds of history's about saints? I am absolute sure he has made up a lot of saints what never has lived. And not to forget to mention my formal Dutch college Februari , who copy pasted more than 40.000 story's about saints and religion with the help of the most obscure sources with the blessing of the Dutch wiki aristocracy as you can see on his user page. And with the translation policy off WMF and the help of Google all these old and new saints will be spread all over the world.

Wikipedia is amazing, but not in the way it was meant!
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

EarlStatler

Re: Wikipedia vandalism gets New Zealander made into a Japanese god in a board game

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 am

Nice piece, TDA. It is in one word ridiculous what happens on WP, look, for instance this. It's innocent,it's a hoax about a fish pie. But only the idea someone can write such a thing! Now it's a fish pie, next time it's bashing someone. And how can you have a fair political discussion in Amerika if left is cheating with Wikipedia. I am the first one to admit there is a lot of leftish bull. But how can you filter that out in a unfair discussion? If you not even listen to your opponent? I told you before being honest has nothing to do with being left or right, and I don't like the style of leftish America at all! And I also don't like the political influence or WMF in Europe. America is one of the best friends of Holland, why don't they respect us? And why don't they resect right wing America? Because they are the angles and the rest jerks? Come one!
Why is WMF lobbying in the Europeaan parlement. Why are they bashing that American politician. Are they elected? I don't think so. So let them shut up!
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!