Jimmy to be next Executive Director

Discussions related to Wikipedia's co-founder, Jimmy Wales
Auggie

Jimmy to be next Executive Director

Post by Auggie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Maher is stepping down in order to take a position with the UN. Good idea, it seems a better fit for her interests.

Jimmy as we all know has been between projects for a while now. He should be the shot in the arm the Wikimedia Foundation needs.

Let the new Jimbo era begin! :mrgreen:

EarlStatler

Re: Jimmy to be next Executive Director

Post by EarlStatler » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:10 pm

O, I am complete a-politcal. Last elections I voted for some party for old people, they support all kind of things for older people what has nothing to do with left or right. And realy, in Holland it is often extreem difficult to see the difference between right or left because most times they have all almost the same programs. Nothing changes with elections, really nothing. The same with European election, complete useless, a complete wasting of time. Nothing ever will change there, and for sure not because of elections.
Most Europeans don't care at all about politics. A few guys and girls have to do the job, rather poor paid by the way, and go ahead. Much work , many hours for little money.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

EarlStatler

Re: Jimmy to be next Executive Director

Post by EarlStatler » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:08 pm

But why not Jimmy a position with the UN? Jimmy loves politics, had almost started a love affair with Julia Reda, is involved in the Brexit discusion, is friends with kings and queens, wouldn't that be great? So Katherine can still enjoy here promotion to COE?

Katherine Maher’s, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Director.
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/w ... 01544.html

Funny, I always found her the type for a men's room attendant. Used to a lot of shit, and only that smile, that smile when you put your money on the dish.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!