Madam Gender

Specific discussion about Wikimedia editors and editing of Wikimedia project pages.
User avatar
EarlStatler
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Madam Gender

Post by EarlStatler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Dear Renée, what is here going on? In a way is Madam Gender obsessed by you, your identity and your socks.

Rogol / Renee: scraping the bottom of the sock drawer.

But to be honest I have no idea where it is all about.
Isn’t that cute? He has gotten Graaf to be his Mini-Me.
What do I have to do with the whole matter? I never post on The Conversation (never heard about it) or one Reddith. Or read on Breitbart.

And to make the posting to a complete mystery, what has that old pickture of two peeing lady's in a public urinal to do with the whole matter? Or woman's legs?

I am pretty sure there is a connection, only I can't find it. Except Madam Gender here preference for pissing woman what explains one of the pictures. But that is all.
If you're in a dogfight, become a cat!

Renée Bagslint
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Renée Bagslint » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Graaf, I have no idea what's going on here either. But it isn't really very important. However, in a spirit of reciprocity let me offer a counter-conjecture. Although the tone and content of Ms Desk's postings is largely American, I have occasionally caught undertones of British English, indeed that dialect that is specifically what I would call "officialese", or Civil Service jargon. Could it be that her true identity is ... Poetlister?

Renée Bagslint
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Renée Bagslint » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Since I doubt that Ms Desk will publish my rejoinder to her assertion about a certain piece of colloquial French, let me explain it here.
Genderdesk wrote:the British not being very good with French
I wrote:“not being very good with French” — je trouve ça assez con
As speakers of colloquial French will know, that translates to something like "I find that rather silly".

Ms Desk posted a screen shot of Google Translate purporting to show that it translates as "I find that enough cunt". But, passing lightly over the issue of relying on Google Trnalsate for anything at all, it only translates the phrase that way if you deliberately insert a linebreak between "assez" and "con", telling Google to translate them as separate phrases. Since that's not how you would naturally do it, it's clear that Ms Desk (1) knew what the phrase meant and (2) deliberately manipulated the translation to give an incorrect output. That's not very cool. In fact, it's plain dishonest.

What a shame.

Renée Bagslint
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Renée Bagslint » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 am

It's a little tiresome, but since Ms Desk (Michael to her friends) has decided to mute me on her blog while attacking me directly I'll copy my reply here as well.
"Or is it Frau Doktor Bagslint?" No, that would be the female wife of the male Herr Doktor Bagslint. I think you meant Frau Doktorin Bagslint. "your fake woman account on Wiki Tribune made edits about Dr. Bouman" If you mean "Felicity Braingut", you will see that the edit n question was to add the sentence "The algorithm that made it possible to reconstruct the image from the data was developed by Katie Bouman, a PhD student at MIT, currently an assistant professor of computing and mathematical sciences at the California Institute of Technology". Dr Bouman's name was not in the article until that edit. You know that, because you've worked out how to read the history of the article and you know how to read diffs. But you choose to frame it as if giving her credit and sourcing it to the BBC News website, was somehow on a par with were some kind of attack by "fake accounts trolling Dr. Katie Bouman". Again, not cool.
Of course, if I had the hundreds of sock puppets at my disposal that I'm accused of I would be deploying them at Gender Desk to evade the ban. But that wouldn't be cool.

Proabivouac
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Proabivouac » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:43 am

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 am
It's a little tiresome, but since Ms Desk (Michael to her friends)…
Is there evidence for this claim or is it just a satirical quip?

Renée Bagslint
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Renée Bagslint » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Proabivouac wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:43 am
Renée Bagslint wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 am
It's a little tiresome, but since Ms Desk (Michael to her friends)…
Is there evidence for this claim or is it just a satirical quip?
There is as much evidence for this claim as there is for the things Ms Desk says about me. So no, none at all.

Renée Bagslint
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Renée Bagslint » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Oh dear. Well, I'm not going to bother copying this reply to Ms Desk's blog, since I prefer not to spend too much time at the sites of people who choose to be deliberately dishonest. Just for the record, though:
Rogol posted to the mailing list using 14 different names, all male and all using the same email address
Seems unlikely, if he used the same email address and name throughout: and indeed a glance at the archive shows the same name against every post. Why say something that is so patently untrue?
No one believes that Renee is a woman.
Really? Some evidence would be nice. Oh, that's right, just making things up is OK for her now.
Others said the British are not very skilled with French, so this was probably just an accident
"The others" being Ms Desk and no-one else in the entire world, that I know of. Perhaps she is admitting to be a team here?
Or making things up again.
Renee is trying to dox me
Oh dear oh dear. I suppose Ms Desk is referring to the claim that she is or might be Poetlister. Well, if Ms Desk is allowed to claim, on no evidence, that I'm a serial sock-puppetteer with numerous identities, then I'm allowed to claim, on no evidence, that she is a serial sock-puppetteer with numerous identities. The difference, if there is one, is that I make it clear it's a joke ("satirical quip").
Renee has not demonstrated much fluency with French misogynist terms on this thread
Possibly because I wasn't using any? I realise Ms Desk manipulated Google Translate to fake up the appearance that I had done so, but that didn't make it true -- and it isn't.

Still, everyone needs a hobby.

Proabivouac
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Proabivouac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 am

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm
Still, everyone needs a hobby.
Yes, I suppose you're right.

You should poke around the web for photographs to represent the various women you claim to be, then mount a multiyear cross-website campaign to get them all unblocked.

Renée Bagslint
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Renée Bagslint » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:01 am

Proabivouac wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 am
Renée Bagslint wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm
Still, everyone needs a hobby.
Yes, I suppose you're right.

You should poke around the web for photographs to represent the various women you claim to be, then mount a multiyear cross-website campaign to get them all unblocked.
... or possibly analyse and report on the fundamental failinigs in Wikipedia, the other Wikimedia pojects, and the Foundation that runs them, and then do what I can together with other like-minded people to bring an end to the damage they are causing to the eco-system of knowledge creation. Unfortunately it seems that no-one else round here, or on any of the other sites under discussion, is interested in that.

Proabivouac
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Madam Gender

Post by Proabivouac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 am

Renée Bagslint wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:01 am
Proabivouac wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 am
Renée Bagslint wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm
Still, everyone needs a hobby.
Yes, I suppose you're right.

You should poke around the web for photographs to represent the various women you claim to be, then mount a multiyear cross-website campaign to get them all unblocked.
... or possibly analyse and report on the fundamental failinigs in Wikipedia, the other Wikimedia pojects, and the Foundation that runs them, and then do what I can together with other like-minded people to bring an end to the damage they are causing to the eco-system of knowledge creation. Unfortunately it seems that no-one else round here, or on any of the other sites under discussion, is interested in that.
Fine, but using an army of female impersonating sockpuppets claiming bogus scholarly credentials deserves criticism of its own. It is part of what is wrong with Wikiland.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest